[XStreamOS-discuss] Let's talk about XStreamOS

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Sep 26 14:38:12 CEST 2012

Many goals:
- surely we will try to keep the installer and pkg repository up to date often through illumos changes
- we're building our own userland with add-on packages mainly for servers
- we will deliver our full featured XStream Server free distribution containing a preconfigured bundle of softwares and web management for infrastructure servers. We already use this on our customer base.
- XStream Server will also feature our own Groupware and Collaboration webapp, preconfigured and ready to administer and use (https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonicle-webtop/)
- we will deliver our XStream Storage free distribution, limited in usable pool sizes, containing our web administration application to configure and mantain the storage very easily.
- we plan a development distribution containing a preconfigured illumos-gate setup to start working on illumos
- we plan a desktop distribution.
Who knows what's next? ;)
Gabriele