[xstreamos-discuss] xfce desktop?

Valrhona valrhona at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:53:59 CEST 2014

To elaborate, I have downloaded the xfce package in the package
manager, but don't know how to activate it, or if it will work. Have
you guys tested this out?

I got a lot of other stuff working that I use regularly: Wine (with
Irfanview), LaTeX, Eclipse (though only 4.3.2 works, not 4.4),
VirtualBox, git. The biggest thing remaining is the desktop; if you
can get xfce working, then with all of the other hard work you have
done (updated Firefox, LibreOffice, VLC, NVIDIA, pcmanfm), I should be
able to switch over from OpenIndiana completely.

So I hope you might be able to take a look into this soon, since I am
definitely looking to make the switch as soon as I have a desktop I
can use every day. Thank you so much for all of your hard work! This
is really a great gift, once everything is working!

Peter