[xstreamos-discuss] XStreamOS Desktop beta2 switch from beta1 iso

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Mar 26 10:25:02 CET 2014

The following instructions will allow you to install the current beta1 iso, then switch to the beta2
for testing the new features and corrections.
This will allow us to receive your inputs and have the beta2 iso contain all that is requested.
- Download and install the beta1 iso
- Run package manager and do a full update from the original preconfigured beta repo
- Restart the system
- Add the new repo "http://pkg.sonicle.com/xstreamos-beta2/" to the sonicle.com publisher
- Remove the old repo "http://pkg.sonicle.com/xstreamos-beta/" from the sonicle.com publisher
- For VBox installations: before next step, be sure to remove vbox additions, the new update will have an update Xorg.
- Do a full update
- For VBox installations: install additions from this http://xstream.sonicle.com/beta2/VBoxGuestAdditions-XStreamDesktop-beta2.iso
- Restart the system
- Original beta1 iso did not require gvfs, so this is not installed during update, use next step for this
- To enable VFS urls on file manager, install pkg://sonicle.com/library/gnome/gvfs and verify you have pkg:/service/network/samba for smb urls
pkg searches may not work from time to time, when we are updating/adding packages to the repo.
If you need to search and it's not working, just send an email here, and we will run a rebuild.
Enjoy
Gabriele.