[XStreamOS-discuss] Hello all

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri May 17 00:23:58 CEST 2013

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 04:16 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Hi, yes this is the place.
>
> Postfix component it's surely interesting, considering it's build
> script is somewhat different.
> Did you ever build latest Firefox? At the moment we have packaged
> Firefox 20.0.1 through a
> binary distribution, because of too many problems we encountered
> building from source, and
> receiving no help at all from Firefox dev list.
Yes, its build script is rather unique.

I have not ever built any gui package on a Solaris/illumos based platform.

> At the moment we cannot open the source trees yet, so a reference
> Makefile for the component
> may be enough for now.

No problem. If I were to try to build anything, I just have to install
XstreamOS, install the dev packages and then I'm good to go?

I have a Makefile for samba 3.6.12 which has fixes for winbind but since
3.6.15 is out and has more fixes, I will give that a shot first. You are
using ips?