[xstreamos-discuss] ISO -XS 154 Test Results

karthik longmode at rediffmail.com
Fri Jun 16 12:55:47 CEST 2017

Hi AllMentioned below are the test results of the test ISO and USB images I received privately for XStreamOS 154 :ISO installation of both VirtualBox(under Win 7) and on a desktop PC successful.Desktop Installation options selected: MBR installation,install to whole 300 GB partition(instead of choosing a slice within the partition). My PC configuration is like this:Intel Core i7 6700K,ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard,8 GB DDR4 RAM,1TB Seagate HDD,no separate graphics card.  I have only XStreamOS on the desktop.I noticed a few package/application issues after desktop installation :1. VLC crashes when playing mp4 or avi file.2. System monitor fails to launch. I used the GUI package manager and installed the GNOME 3 version of it, the issue still present.3. The contents of the memory section for lxtask vanish a few seconds after lxtask is launched and running. No issues with USB3 support. Otherwise the install is fine.I burned the USB image to a new SanDisk Flash drive
  with ImageUSB in Win 7. But when I booted up on my desktop I got a blank screen with just a blinking white cursor. I had legacy MBR boot enabled in my UEFI BIOS. Re-burned the USB image with Win32 Disk Imager also and tried once again, got the same result. I am not very familiar with USB installs since mostly I burn the ISO to a rewritable DVD for installation, so not sure if anything not done correctly on my side.RegardsKarthikFrom: "karthik"<longmode at rediffmail.com>Sent: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 20:32:40To: "gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com"<gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com>Subject: Re: [xstreamos-discuss] new ISO -XS 154Hi,Thanks for this. I will check and let you know ASAP.RegardsKarthikFrom: Gabriele Bulfon <gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com>Sent: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 17:51:30To: karthik <longmode at rediffmail.com>Subject: Re: [xstreamos-discuss] new ISO -XS 154 Hi, I'm sending this to you privately so that you can test-drive the new iso/usb inst
 allers:http://www.sonicle.com/gbulfon/iso/Use this software to burn the usb key:http://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.htmlit works great, you will only need to specify "all files" when trying to select the ".usb" input file.Let me know the results of your installation.I would like to make this public.Gabriele -= Sent using Webtop 5 =-
Da: karthik <longmode at rediffmail.com>A: xstreamos-discuss at lists.sonicle.comData: 27 maggio 2017 15.08.07 CESTOggetto: [xstreamos-discuss] new ISO -XS 154 HiWhen will the new ISO for XStreamOS 154 be released. I have two installs of XS 153(in VirtualBox with sonicle extensions installed),one being beta3 and the other May-2015 release which I am unable to update due to package conflicts during pkg update.For the beta3 install, the packages header-math,sendmail,gcc-44 and ftp cause conflicting actions. I have successfully uninstalled header-math and sendmail. But I cannot uninstall ftp as that is dependent on the dhcp service package.If this is uninstalled I cannot configure/access internet via DHCP. I am using this OS as my personal Unix box.Faced the same issues with May-2015 ISO install.ThanksKarthik_______________________________________________
XStreamOS-discuss mailing list
XStreamOS-discuss at lists.sonicle.com