[xstreamos-discuss] ISO -XS 154 Test Results

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Jun 16 16:35:02 CEST 2017

Graeat Job Karthik, thanks a lot for the feedback!
Gabriele
Da:
karthik
A:
xstreamos-discuss at lists.sonicle.com
Data:
16 giugno 2017 12.55.47 CEST
Re: [xstreamos-discuss] ISO -XS 154 Test Results
Hi All
Mentioned below are the test results of the test ISO and USB images I received privately for XStreamOS 154 :
ISO installation of both VirtualBox(under Win 7) and on a desktop PC successful.Desktop Installation options selected: MBR installation,install to whole 300 GB partition(instead of choosing a slice within the partition). My PC configuration is like this:
Intel Core i7 6700K,ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard,8 GB DDR4 RAM,1TB Seagate HDD,no separate graphics card.  I have only XStreamOS on the desktop.
I noticed a few package/application issues after desktop installation :
1. VLC crashes when playing mp4 or avi file.
2. System monitor fails to launch. I used the GUI package manager and installed the GNOME 3 version of it, the issue still present.
3. The contents of the memory section for lxtask vanish a few seconds after lxtask is launched and running.
No issues with USB3 support. Otherwise the install is fine.
I burned the USB image to a new SanDisk Flash drive with ImageUSB in Win 7. But when I booted up on my desktop I got a blank screen with just a blinking white cursor. I had legacy MBR boot enabled in my UEFI BIOS. Re-burned the USB image with Win32 Disk Imager also and tried once again, got the same result. I am not very familiar with USB installs since mostly I burn the ISO to a rewritable DVD for installation, so not sure if anything not done correctly on my side.
Regards
Karthik